Thursday, March 26, 2009

California Dreamin' on a Winter Day






As there is a blizzard outside in Denver today, I'm taking a minute to think about my 2nd annual trek to Palm Desert. I had so much fun in California, but the trip went soo quickly!! I was a great girl and was so flexible with the many hours spent traveling, new sleeping arrangements and new environment (being in a non-babyproofed house always causes mom a bit of extra stress).

I loved swimming every day, spent hours playing in the grass behind the house, and spent even MORE time finding pebbles, rocks, leaves and flowers and moving them among my various tupperware buckets. I was a busy girl.

I really started putting together more full sentences this week, like: "Mommy, what's that noise coming from?" and "Where did the birdies go Dad?" But the best moment of the trip was when I was eating dinner one night and my Pa walked out of his room with a nice outfit on ready to go out to dinner. I was facing him when he walked thru the door (noone else was) and the moment he walked out, I shouted (completely unprovoked) "Wow! You look GREAT, Pa!!!" Everyone got a good laugh out of that one.

I wanted to show off more pictures from the trip, including a four-generation picture of me, mommy, Mimi and Grandma Shirley.

1 comment:

SandGs Mom said...

Lauren, I can't even begin to tell you how much i miss you -- especially the part of you that you call mom. Seriously, how does one child and one woman make such an impact on another person. I can't wait until september to see Kate again on our Mom's trip. Love you Kubik's.!!!!!!