Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Two Months



Well, brother, you've been around for two months now and life hasn't been the same since you arrived. You are the light of my life... I greet you enthusiastically EACH time I see you and love snuggling on you with hugs and kisses. Mom's most frequently used phrase lately is "Lauren..LAUREN! That's enough! Give him some room to breathe!"

We've all been sick since you've been born (dad with flu, mom with strep, and me with two viruses) but you've managed to stay healthy. I've had a no-kissing allowed rule with you about 2 of the past 4 weeks since I've been so sick, and so I give you "air kisses" and complain to mommy quite loudly that I miss being able to kiss you.

At your 2 month appointment you weighed 12lbs 4oz (75%), were 23 1/4 in long (75%), and your head circumference was 15 3/4 (50%).

You are a good sleeper at night (you only wake up once, at about 4am) and also enjoy napping during the day. You hate (and I mean HATE) riding in the car and if you're not sleeping during those rides, you are usually screaming your head off...which is kindof a bummer for me and mom as our car rides used to be pretty fun before you arrived! You started smiling a couple weeks ago and I especially love it when you smile at me. You can be a bit cranky some days, like you woke up on the wrong side of the crib or something, but besides those random days you are a pretty happy baby. You like to be held more than I did as a baby, but lucky for you I am such a good big sister that I don't mind how much of mom's and dad's attention (and arms) you take up.

The other day our little family was all in the car together and I said to momma: "Mom, thank you for giving me my baby brother. I love him soooo much. Thank you momma" - - I think that just about sums up how much I love you, little guy!

post signature

1 comment:

Vickie Scott said...

That is so sweet, lauren. You and Luke will be best buddies some day.