Thursday, March 17, 2011

California Dreaming


I took a little break from blogging because last week we took a little family vacation to Palm Springs, California. We had the BEST trip! The sun was out and it was about 85 degrees the whole time...I loved swimming every day. Despite my many many times on an airplane, this time I was just so excited about every little part of travelling. I was a PERFECT girl both ways travelling and gave mommy lots of extra help as she had to go through security and board the airplane by herself with two kids, all our bags, a carseat and a stroller.

Luckily Luke is just as good at travelling as I was when I was a baby. He slept takeoff to touchdown both ways. What a good boy!

I really enjoyed my time in the water, as always. My new tricks were "diving" in the pool (arms in a "v" over my head, head-first off the top step and swimming underwater for about 5-6 feet) and picking up dive sticks in deeper water by doing a "torpedo" to get to the bottom.




Luke had his first experience in the pool. For the first couple seconds he wasn't too sure, but he soon grew to LOVE it!

My other favorite activities were running down the baranka with daddy and picking grapefruits off the grapefruit tree. Luke had a great time too, despite a quick little bout with croup while we were there. He perked up a few days into the trip and there was no looking back! Needless to say, I didn't want to go home and have already asked momma when we can go back to California. I guess I have to wait all the way until next year, but its worth the wait!

Oh, and the trip's biggest bummer? Mom had our camera in her lap sitting by the pool, and she stood up and it fell in. Ouch. Needless to say, we borrowed Mimi's camera for the remainder of the trip because ours went to heaven.

No comments: