Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas and New Years and Flu, oh my!!





Wow - what a week it's been. Where do I start?

Well 2 days before Christmas, Daddy got in a really bad car accident and the car that I ride around in every day was totally ruined. Thankfully daddy only had minor bumps and bruises, but it was really scary and we said special prayers to Jesus to thank him for watching over daddy.

Then we celebrated Christmas with mommy's side of the family here in Colorado. I went to a big dinner and got to see over 30 of my nearest and dearest family members. It was really fun but I tuckered out and had to go sleep upstairs. The next day I opened presents at Grandma Mary's house.

Christmas Day we flew to Chicago to be with Nana and Papa and the Kubik clan. It started off GREAT (I enjoy being totally spoiled and showered with presents!), but took a bad turn when almost the entire family got the flu! Even I got sick (yuck!). So that wasn't the best ending to the trip, but I'm really thankful that Daddy and Nana took such good care of me because Mommy was too sick to.

Then we got back to Denver and last night we went to our neighbor's house for a New Years get together. It was tons of fun and I loved playing with my buddies Ashleigh and Ryder.

Overall it was a whirlwind: my first Christmas, first New Years, and first flu all in one week. Let's hope that 2008 starts off a bit more calmly!

Thanks to EVERYONE for all my awesome Christmas gifts. Mommy is having a hard time fitting all the new toys in my "corner" of the family room. I'm slowly taking over!

xoxo,
Lauren

2 comments:

Simon said...

We're glad to hear that your daddy is ok - how scary!
There certainly was some crazy flu bug around in IL this Christmas as we had it, as did the Riddles, the Tofilons and the Tofilon Srs. Yucky.
Here's to a great 2008!

Vickie Scott said...

Happy new year!!! It was great seeing you and your Mommy and Daddy last week!