Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chi-Town



I've been a bad child blogger... But I have a good excuse! Our family has been busy this month, with some/all of our family of four going out of town every single weekend in the month of June. I'll start with our trip to Chicago. We went to Nana's house for a long weekend in order for mommy to help throw a bridal shower for my soon-to-be Aunt Jessie. The travel to and from Chicago was pretty uneventful except for a small hiccup - immediately after passing through security in Denver, Luke threw up the ENTIRE contents of his stomach (and more, it seemed!) in the stroller. He was in need of a total outfit change - thank goodness momma came prepared. She was nervous it might happen again on his last clean outfit, but Luke was a good boy and did fine the rest of the trip.

Highlights of the trip:
- Sleeping in my own bedroom and big girl bed (believe it or not, last time I was at Nana's house in Chicago, I was still sleeping in a crib!)
- Visiting a few old friends and neighbors
- Seeing my Aunt Laura, Uncle Matt and cousins Anna and Elsie
- Nature walks and tractor rides on the property
- Going "frogging" on the lake - and actually catching one!

Despite rainy weather most of the weekend, I had lots of fun exploring Nana and Papa's house and property - and I can't wait until my next visit to Chicago!
me with cousins Anna and Elsie


Needless to say, at the end of our weekend, poor Luke looked like THIS before we even boarded the airplane:


post signature

No comments: